Monday, December 19, 2005

3...2...1...Christmas!

Hello again! Well, it is snowing now, with the really big fluffy flakes, and it is really pretty to look at. Two major events are now past. Yesterday was the final Chorus performance for 2005. It went really well, and no one in the audience got up and left like they have done in years past when it went too long. It was almost 2 hours, and did I mention the church is so drafty it basically isn't heated? That's why in the waiting room for us there was coffee, tea, and glühwein. So we could be warm enough to perform! My duet went well, and I have already ordered the DVD they were making. So I won't tell you any more about it, for fear of ruining the anticipation when you ALL watch it when I get home. ..Just kidding!

Today was our christmas project. Finally over. Over 50 sixth graders descended on us. We baked a whole lotta cookies today. Mostly the kids were really sweet, if a little over excited. A few were really terrible. The whole idea was that it was an English project. We would do christmasy things from America and England, and speak english while doing it. Well this one kid yelled at me "Deutsch! DU musst Deutsch mit mir reden! Verstehst du? D-E-U-T-C-H Deutsch." First of all, he never should have used the informal "you" with me. Second of all, he misspelled "Deutsch" when he spelled it at me. A real charmer. I am really glad I am at a high school and not at an elementary school.

My train tickets are also all in order now for me to go to Austria on the 23rd. I will be coming back on the 27th, because I want to be here for new year's. I asked Gerald if I should bring nice clothes for church on Christmas eve. He said it wouldn't be a bad idea, and that we'll be going to church the 24th, 25th, and 26th. Um, a little different from "o come all ye faithful" being unspeakably churchy. And I should bring warm things, cause it is cold. And where I will be isn't really on a map, since it's made up of 15 houses. I can't wait. I have to go now, I'm a little late for Marlies's birthday party. In case I don't get back online for a while, Everyone have a Merry Christmas! I will be able to read email again after I get back from Austria. Maybe in Austria, too, but You never know.

No comments: