Tuesday, March 21, 2006

10th grade TV show

So, a while back for a "fun" lesson with one tenth grade class (who always manages to take the fun assignments so seriously that they aren't fun at all) I tried to have them pretend they were on a talk show. They had researched their topics, and now, rather than a formal, boring debate, I invited them in pairs to talk about it on my talk show. Apparently, most of them can't handle being on television and totally clammed up. They talked about it with their teacher, and dedcided to turn the tables. Now they were going to introduce themselves on a talk show as various celebrities, and I had to guess who they were. The ones I knew were Paris Hilton, Heidi Klum, Madonna, Martin Luther, and Beethoven. (apparently they ran out of contemporary stars). The other half of the class were popular German artists I had never heard of. Well and one American I am also too uncool to know. They thought it was funny, and so did I, because they had some really great quotes from their debate trying to decide who of all of them were the most influential. Here are some:

"My TV shows make people funny"

"The little bit of ass shaking can I too"

"At least I didn't enlarge my chests!" (naturally with accompanying hand gestures)

"The violence in TV is big."

"Thank you for your coming."

And directed at Martin Luther,

"To your time gave it Gott. To our time gives it Gott, Buddha, Odin."

Hope these quotes make you smile a little like they did for me, and that you are all doing well.

No comments: